Monday, January 23, 2012

Be the Grownup

Sometimes as grownups we have to choose to be the grownups. I can be childish at times, but today I was faced with a situation at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store that made me realize that I needed to be the grownup in this situation. I am not saying I handled it perfectly, I pouted on the inside and I am sure it showed on the outside, but hey, it was a start. Working as a server at Cracker Barrel presents me with plenty of opportunities to say no to my selfish, childish ways and yes to being the grownup. So when faced with the the temptation to be childish, choose to be the grownup. It ain't always easy, but it's the right thing to do. The apostle Paul said that when I was a child I spake as a child, understood as a child and thought as child; but when I became a man I put away childish things.

No comments: