Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Death, the Uninvited, Unwelcome Guest

Zombie Book
Death, the great inevitable. The dark spectre of death has been lurking around the fringes of my life the past few days. Elderly friends taken off of life support, finding out a sick friend died a few weeks ago, watching my little girl tearfully tell a kitten goodbye prior to euthanasia, my wife's grandmother having serious heart surgery, all of these things dampen my spirit to the point that I cannot seem to think romantically for Valentines Day (of course that is probably due to a deeper problem of which I do not care to speak).

Death though a part of life is still an unwelcome guest that fills our hearts with dread and sadness at its coming. I am reminded by this intrusion of the dark stalker that there is only one hope for us all against this grim enemy, and what a hope it is. The great hope we have that serves as an anchor for the soul is Jesus, the one who conquered death and promised victory over death to those who place their trust in Him.

So death be not proud, though you may gorge yourself on the lives of those we love, you are a defeated foe and cannot hold captive the souls who belong to Jesus. Just as He arose from the grave, we who have placed our faith in Him will rise again.

No comments: