Sunday, April 22, 2012

Joy in the Lord

I usually do not divulge too much of my personal life in my blog posts, but tonight I must post about the joy I feel. It is a joy that I have not experienced in a long while, a joy that thrills and scares me at the same time. It thrills because it is a joy that I feel comes from fellowship with Jesus, not that I have done anything meritorious of His fellowship, just been reminded of His amazing grace by the Memoirs of Brennen Manning. It scares me because sometimes when things are going good and you have mountaintop experiences you can have a fear that the rug is fixing to be pulled out from under your feet or that all hell is fixing to break loose. However, that is an unfounded fear that I am not going to let rob me of the joy and peace I have in Jesus.

I am reminded of the writings of the Apostle Paul towards the end of the 8th chapter of Romans:
31What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Oh soul why worry, be happy and enjoy the joy that He has given you today.
For in Him you have been given sweet fellowship that will never pass away.
Trust in Jesus and don't you concern yourself for what the future may hold.
 But embrace it fiercely with a steadfast hope and do not fear but be thou bold.
For He has made a promise to you and me, a promise that the winds of time cannot erase
.Lo I  will be with you always, even to the end of the age.

No comments: