Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hunger Games Book versus Hunger Games Movie

After watching the Hunger Games movie and then reading the Hunger Games book and then seeing the movie a second time, I must say I believe the book is better. I liked the movie, it was a very well produced with great acting, but there was some interesting and critical elements left out that are in the Hunger Games book.

I found the movie captivating and very moving at times, but the book really draws you in. I am looking forward to reading the next too books and will probably buy them for my Kindle Fire, which is saying a lot since I am a cheapskate. I must admit that my first impression of the Hunger Games book was not very good, but the more I read the more I realized how cleverly crafted a novel the Hunger Games is.

I recommend this book for a interesting read for people of all ages. If you like the book, then check out the movie, as I mentioned earlier, there are some things left out, but not enough to keep you from enjoying the movie. The movie helps put a face on the Hunger Games characters, the cast matches the book characters well. Katniss Everdeen and Peeta are well represented on the big screen and are likable characters. However, Haymitch played by Woody Harrelson seems shallow after reading the book.

Read the book, see the movie and may the odds ever be in your favor.

No comments: