Saturday, January 1, 2011

Gulliver's Travels Review

Just got back from the new Gulliver's Travel movie which stars comedic great Jack Black. I am not a big Jack Black fan, so I was not really expecting much from the movie, mainly just wanting to treat the kids to a movie, but I was pleasantly surprised. The movie was a cleverly crafted comedy with just enough drama and good moral lessons laced in to engage the heart and soul without being preachy. Additionally, there was just the right amount  of romance thrown in the mix making Gulliver's Travels a funny, feel good, romantic comedy. I have to give this movie a double thumbs-up, I believe it is one of the best movies that I have seen in a while, maybe the best of the season. There was a little crude humor, but mild and minimal enough not to hurt the movie, actually it made for a good laugh. For those who plan on taking their children, I have to warn you, this is not just a kids movie, plan on being entertained.

No comments: