Thursday, June 9, 2016

Workout Journal negative Reps Chest Workout

Light workout tonight at True Fitness Your Way in Blue Ridge, Ga. Tonight as  I worked out light I implemented negative reps in my workout, doing three chest exercises, the bench press, seated butterfly on Precor machine and seated chest press on Hammer Strength chest press machine. I did two sets of bench presses interspersed with butterflys and chest presses, all using negative reps. I did an extra set of butterflys and chest presses interspersed with curls using a very light weight with a curl bar, Didn't do much, still working on building a habit, so far two days this week.

Here is a picture of my chest with me sitting in my recliner, not a picture I am proud of but if I am going to track and share my progress, I think it will help to share. Here is a link to part of my workout tonight,Tonights workout
For those not familiar with negative reps, watch the video. Basically, negative reps are when you let the weight down extra slow in a controlled movement before lifting the weight. If works your muscles in both movements, in the going down and in the lifting, give it a try. Until next time, workout hard, check back later, let me know what you think. If you have any workout techniques to share let me know, i put them on my blog and give them a try.  

No comments: