Monday, January 14, 2013

Goodbye Maggie Harper

Buried a dear friend today, Sister Maggie Harper. She was more than a friend, she was family, not in the blood sense but in the relational and spiritual sense. Maggie was a good soul and touched my life in a special way as she did to other people in her life. Maggie's passing reminds me of the brevity of life, the short amount of years allotted to us here on earth.

 Maggie lived to be eighty and would have been eighty-one this spring if she had lived, as I am near the half century mark I realize that eighty years is not a long time. May God teach me how to use what time I have left wisely. I fear that I have wasted many a year during my pilgrimage here on earth, may I make good use of the time i have left. If for some reason you have stumbled on this post I encourage you to seek the Lord Jesus Christ and surrender your life to Him if you have not done that already. If you are a believer, know this, that your life is just a vapor that appears for a little while and vanishes away, with that in mind ask God to teach you how to use your time wisely.

No comments: