Saturday, August 11, 2012

Beautiful Saturday Drive up Noontootla, Springer Mountain

Another Saturday has come and gone, my weekend is almost expired. However, day was not a total wash, I watched two back to back episodes of Criminal Minds with my daughter first thing this morning upon her insistence, mowed grass with my boys and took a ride through the North Georgia mountains.

I went up through Aska Road to Noontootla and followed the road up the mountain to the trail that goes to Springer Mountain. We made it to the top of the mountain at around 7:00 pm and rode till we came out on the Doublehead Gap Rd. It was a beautiful ride up by Noontootla creek and on top of the mountain as well. Up on top of the mountain as you looked over the western slope, the descending sun hitting the green leaves made them shine. As you got a little further down the mountain the many of the trunks of the trees on the side of the mountain had a dark almost black color. It was a cool effect, I named it the dark forest. All in all it was a good trip.

The older I get the more I appreciate the beauty of God's creation, even simple things like the trees of a forest. Praise God for another day of life, for family and friends, the beauty of His creation, and for eternal life through His son, Jesus.

No comments: