Thursday, July 26, 2012

Possible Timber Rattler Near Blue Ridge Lake

If you have any plans around Blue Ridge Lake located in Fannin County, Georgia, be on the lookout for venomous snakes. This evening as I was driving around Dry Branch road that runs along a portion of the lake shore I believe I saw a small Timber Rattler. The snake had the marking of rattler or a copperhead based on images I have seen and in agitation was rattling the tip of its tail. I stayed in my vehicle but the snake appeared to have a small rattle on its tail. This snake was very aggressive and was coiling and striking at my SUV. I have seen rattlesnakes in the mountains before but never this close to civilization. I may be wrong about this being a rattlesnake, but all the same be careful around the lake. If this snake was a copperhead, they are not quite as venomous as a rattlesnake but their bite can make you sick.

No comments: